COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
In response to guidance from the Center for Disease Control, along with the State of New Jersey, The Heart House is working towards a plan to safely reopen each of our office locations and offer our patients all of the services they need and the excellent care they deserve. We will slowly begin offering in-office appointments for our established patients.
What to Expect During an In-Person Visit to The Heart House
Our office is implementing several safety measures to keep our patients, our staff and our providers safe so that we can continue to provide you the highest quality cardiac care.
- We are following the Center for Diseases Control guidelines to minimize your possible exposure to the coronavirus.
- We are requiring all of our staff to wear a surgical mask and abide by strict hand-washing guidelines.
- We are sanitizing the waiting rooms, exam rooms, medical equipment and other surfaces after each use.
- We are cleaning commonly touched surfaces in the office on a regular basis
- When we schedule appointments, our team will screen all patients using CDC guidelines.
- As an added level of safety, we are requiring all patients to wear a mask. If you don’t have one, we will provide one for you.
- We will check every patient’s temperature at check in using a special infrared thermometer.
- To ensure everyone’s safety, if we have too many patients in the waiting room at once, we will have the patients wait in their car and we will call them when it is their turn for the visit or test.
- To ensure social distancing, we have spaced out the seating in our waiting rooms.
- While the State of NJ is under a lockdown, we are providing telehealth visits, using your phone or smart device for our established patients. We are also seeing patients in one of our three open offices (Haddon Heights, Washington Township and Vineland) to provide the appropriate access to our doctors and nurses.
- We look forward to continuing to provide care to all of our patients in the safest way.
Heart House Telehealth
For those who feel more comfortable with a telehealth visit instead of visiting our offices in person, we are also happy to accommodate you preference. To learn more about telemedicine visits, visit our guide for preparing and getting the most out of your telehealth visits with your Heart House provider.
We will start performing Vein Procedures during the week of June 8th. If your procedure was canceled as a result of COVID-19, you will be receiving a call to schedule. You can also call our Vein Center directly at 877-712-VEIN.
Our Elmer and Marlton locations will be resuming ultrasounds on the week of June 15th
Nuclear Stress Tests
Nuclear Stress Tests will resume on the week of June 22nd
Loop Recorder Implants
We will resume implanting loop recorders during the week of June 15th
If you have questions about your care or need to schedule an appointment, please call our office at (856) 546-3003