Ronald A. Cohen, DO, F.A.C.C.
Dr. Cohen specializes in general cardiology, interventional cardiology and diagnostic testing and is double board certified in interventional cardiology and internal medicine. He has practiced at The Heart House since 1984. Dr. Cohen lends his professional and clinical expertise to students of the School of Osteopathic Medicine, where he is a Clinical Assistant Professor. He has also served as president-elect of the New Jersey State Osteopathic Society.
- Medical School: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Internship: Internal Medicine – Metropolitan Hospital-Central Division
- Residency: Internal Medicine – Kennedy Center at Voorhees – Chief Medical Resident 1981-1982
- Fellowship: Cardiology – Deborah Heart and Lung Center – Chief Cardiac Fellow 1982-1984
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow, American College of Osteopathic Internists
- Fellow, The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
- Board of Directors NJAOPS 1993-1997
- Past President-Elect of the New Jersey State Osteopathic Society
- American Osteopathic Association
- Pennsylvania Osteopathic Association
- New Jersey Osteopathic Association
- Affiliated of the American Heart Association
- Associate of the American College of Osteopathic Internists & Subspecialty Cardiology
- Variety Club of Philadelphia
Dr. Cohen participates extensively in clinical trials. At any given time, he is an investigator for several such studies and has completed over three dozen clinical trials in his career. Of note, he was principle investigator for multiple Coronary and Peripheral Stent trials including the ACT1 Trial which evaluated Stenting of the Carotid Artery.
Dr. Cohen is licensed to practice medicine in New Jersey and Philadelphia and holds privileges at five hospitals throughout Southern New Jersey. He is a multi-year award winner of “Best Doctors” by South Jersey Magazine.