Jeffrey A. Leavy, M.D., F.A.C.C.
Dr. Leavy is a double board-certified cardiologist in cardiovascular disease and internal medicine. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor Department of Medicine, U.M.D.N.J. and previously served as an Instructor at Department of Internal Medicine of Columbia University Medical Center.
- Undergraduate Degree: Franklin & Marshall College
- Medical School: The Chicago Medical School
- Internship: Sinai Medical Center
- Residency: Sinai Medical Center
- Fellowship: Cardiology & Interventional Cardiology – Columbia University Medical Center
- Diplomat: American Board of Internal Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow, Hewlett-Packard Diagnostic Cardiology Program, inhibition of restenosis by anti-interleukin-6 antibodies in the porcine coronary balloon overstretch model. 1992-1993
Honors and Awards
- University of Health Sciences/the Chicago Medical School Funded summer research fellowship, 1985
- Aldo A. Luisada Cardiology Award for interest and aptitude in cardiology. The University of Health Sciences/The Chicago Medical School, 1986
- American Federation for Clinical Research Travel Trainee Award, 1991 national meeting
- American College of Cardiology/Bristol Laboratories-affiliated travel award for excellence in cardiovascular research 1992
Clinical Trials, Publications and Abstracts
Dr. Leavy has participated in over two dozen clinical trials, has been published in several medical journals and has presented well over a dozen abstracts.
He is licensed to practice medicine in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.